Вы находитесь на странице: 1из 10

Keyboard 1/Conductor

I Love You Because

...BUT I DON'T WANT


TO TALK ABOUT HER

Music by Joshua Salzman

(DIANA and JEFF exit.)


Lyrics by Ryan Cunningham
MARCY: So how'd you get into greeting card writing?
Orchestrations by Larry Hochman
AUSTIN: Well, Marcy... (MUSIC GO)
Funky
M: That's my name. A: That it is. Greeting card writing is just an outgrowth of my passion.
1
May I call you Marcy?
2
3

#### 4
#4
V

>

? # # # # 44 K2: Clav.J
#

P

#### 4
#4
&
P
PIANO
? # # # # 44
#
Bs.
4

V
&
&

####
####
####

w/HH on 2&4

?.

>

&

#
#

AUSTIN:

>I

>
j



> >
j

. n
R

write

>

w/Clav. sim.

n > >
n > > >
>
j


n #

w/Bs. sim. :

po - e - try.

but,

Hammond

&.

n
n > >

>
>
w/HH 8ths
j

.
j . j

I'm ve-ry ro - man - tic,

>

Clav.
.

r n
n

#
#

M: And what's that?

? ####

? ####

> > >


j
J


j
? ####

#
#### j
#
V

####

n
Ro- mance

>

u - sual - ly.

n
> > >
j

. r n j .
J
J

.
j &



> >
j

>
wait.
Hammond

a ...

I'm tough


J
Bs.

Prepared exclusively for Adam Zeph.

too.

A ro - man - tic

w
n ww
p

V.S.

K1/C

2. ...BUT I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT HER

&

####

&

####

? ####
13

####

. .
Hammond

JJ
Alto Sax >
P

tough guy.

ggg www
gg w

####

j
J

# J J
#

>

J

K2: Clav.

I wrote a poem

16

####

? ####
####

reads po - ets.

17

.
w
w

Oh

straight.

n ?

>
>
j

J


15

She said,

..
..

j
?
J


> >


yeah.

Yeats,

18

"That's the best thingI've e - ver read."


Clav.>

& # j n

Hammond

n
>
j

.
J

Cum - mings,


> >
j


you name it.

She has

Hammond

.
#
j
? ####

. J . J # .

#
&

&

Stgs.

n
>
j

# .

w/Bs. sim.
w/Drs. full

And she

for my ex - girl - friend.

>

n .

n
> > >
j
j
? ####


#

&

14

but

. r j

12

Rock Hud-son,

.
..
p

This one time

? ####

Sor -ta like

11

####

10

I Love You Because

Prepared exclusively for Adam Zeph.

# .
#

K1/C

3. ...BUT I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT HER

####

&

####

19

&

####

# .

V
&

####

&

####

? ####

gen-ius in her mind

&

####

&

####

? ####

..
..

tel - li-gence

..
..


her eyes.

25

She's so

j
a
J

(sweetly)

j
..
..
j

.
smart be- ing near

K2: Stgs + Bells

27

FJ

..
.
.

n
J

# # # j n
.
>
>

n

f n > >

w
n

28

> > > n > > .


n .
n

j
. n

n a ....

rise.

Sax, K2: Sax

re-attack

j
n
# ...

(-K2)

There's a

her makes your in-

(Sax out)

w/K2: Melotron

that tru-ly spar-kles through

22

# .

24

# .
...

####

26

Sax

j
.
n

nw

K2: Stgs.

# n .
.. ... a wwww
.

21

She has in -sight that Iswear could win a Pul-it-zer prize.


n
ggg ..

ggg n ..
K2: Gtr.
3

w/Bs.

####

M: She sounds great.

all these guys boun-cinground her head.

? #### n .
#
23

20

I Love You Because

n .

>

J
>

. r

But I don't want to talk a-bout her.

Prepared exclusively for Adam Zeph.

^
j

V.S.

29

4. ...BUT I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT HER

####

? ####
####

>

K2: Clav.

w/Bs. sim.

33

####

AUSTIN:
.

####

36

####

ne - ver real - ly knew

? ####
####

it.

Hammond
n

&

n .

35

.
.

37

>

38

j j

Prepared exclusively for Adam Zeph.

(throw it
out there)

n
> > >
j
j
n

She was gor - geous,

..
.

n
?
n

j


J

n
n

She had this smile.

Clav.

n

J


n
> > >
j


n
> > >
j
? ####
#
n

&

#
J

that re - minds me of my ex - girl - friend.


+Saxn

# .

..

& J

34


#
n > > >
j
? ####

#

&

Hammond
.

n
n > > >
> > >
j
j
j
n


n

A: Hmm.

>

>

Speak - ing of beau - ty,

? ####

> > >


P
j
? ####

#

&

I Love You Because

AUSTIN: So, what do you do?


31
MARCY: I'm a photographer.
M: I try to capture the beauty of the human spirit.
32
30
A: Oh yeah? What kind of stuff do you do?

~~

K1/C

but she

(Sax out)

>
j


> >
j

swear to God

# ..
.

you were

.
# ..

j

j
#

K1/C

5. ...BUT I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT HER

####

&

####

&

####

39

? ####

. .

blessed if

#
#

.
J
41

40

you hadone chance to view it.

n . .

V
&

####

&

####

? ####


J
J

most

####

&

####

&

####

46

? ####

..
..


stub - born men to have e

Drs: Mark
Tree gliss.

n .

####

43

n .. ..
.. .

44

..
..
.

..
..

J
She's as

# ...
.

j
...
j

n
Sax, K2: Sax
J

n
>

n .
n n .
n > > > >
f n > > >

w
n

j
. n

>

J
>

Prepared exclusively for Adam Zeph.

Sax

n .


J J

chan - ting

n a

as Hep-burn, in

48

"Break - fast at Tif -fa -ny's."

en

..
..

Orcause the

(sweetly)

45

j
.

.
*

re-attack
47

w/K2: Hammond + Stg. Pad

pi - pha -nies.

42

Shehad a look thatcould in-spi - re sym- pho -nies.


K2: Stgs. (+8vb)

K2: Bells

J

I Love You Because

j
.

. r

But I don't want to talk a-bout

^
j

V.S.

K1/C
49

6. ...BUT I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT HER

####

? ####
####

MARCY: So you have an ex-girlfriend?


AUSTIN: I don't want to talk about her.

#
#

&J

>

&J

n
P > > >
j
j
? ####

&

&

####

&

####

&

####

53

? ####


talk a-bout the fact
K2: Vocal Pad

ww
w
J

K2: Gtr.

# j

#
Bs.

&

####

&

####

&

####

56

? ####

...

that I

# ww
w

..
.

# # j

n
> > >
j

&

seem to meet
a sin - gle guy
K2: Bells

58

talk a-bout

w/K2: Gtr. sim.

j
.
n ... ..
.

n w

who

# ww
w #
J

Prepared exclusively for Adam Zeph.

meets

all my de-

..
.

# w

&

j # .
..

how ma - ny men have claimed that they

I don't want to

. r

55

n
j
. n r
n

... ...

. >
n

MARCY:

w
+Sax

..#
.

.. .

# #
# w

52

ww
w

>

57

I don't want to

54

can't

A: That's fine,
we could...

si- res.

n
?


n
>> >
j
n
n

w/Bs. sim.

51

MARCY: Oh right, sorry. There are some things I don't want to talk about either.
AUSTIN: Okay, like what?

her.
K2: Clav/>

Hammond

50

I Love You Because

would be

the one

.
... ..

K1/C

7. ...BUT I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT HER

&

####

j
#

&

####

and it turns

59

&

####

? ####
62

&

####

# .
.

w/Bs.

&

? ####

&

####

&

####

66

&

####

? ####

# ...
.

j
# .
# .

#
#

n ...

j
ggg n
ggg

ggg ...
gg

j n .
n

# n

n www

#
# nw

Bs.

but

ggg n ....
g


j
j
. j

j
n
I search,


J
p

64

65

ggg # ...
g

.
.

.
w .
ww

...
.

K2: Vocal Pad

.
ggg .
gg .
j
#
#

ggg
g

nw

A: Man, you're kind of a whiner.


(MUSIC OUT)
M: I'm sorry, but wasn't it you who
spent the first half of this conversation
talking about your ex-girlfriend?

that's not what I want to talk

..
.

But there's al-ways some - thing mis - sing no


K2: Gtr.

j
ggg
gg n

ex-

K2: Gtr.

.
# www

when I

.
.

and I al - most cameout.

.
p .

A: We could talk about


that if you really want to...

the day

Sax, K2: Sax


n .

67

mat - ter where

talk a - bout

j
#

pe - ri - men - ted with mygirl - friend

I don't want to

# n n . . #

#
# .
..
J

li - ars.
K2: Bells

61

A: Now, Marcy, don't you think...

63

####
#
&
####

out they're all

60

I Love You Because

j j

Prepared exclusively for Adam Zeph.

a - bout.

69

.
..
.

U AUSTIN:
V J

U
j
..
. .
P sub.
U
j
. .

How

V.S.

K1/C
70

8. ...BUT I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT HER

####

M: Yeah but you...What!?


>
>

J
#
71

dare you bring up the to - pic of my ex - girl-friend.

? ####
####

>

K2: Clav.

n
P
> > >
j
? ####

#


&

####

? ####
&

####

M: Yeah, I heard.

&

####

&

####

&

####

? ####

.
R

#
# n .
..
.
# n .

Hammond

74

77

..
.

a ....
n .
nw

n
>
j



> >
j

j


j

I'm not the

Prepared exclusively for Adam Zeph.

NowI'm all up-


# #
# .
# .
78

M: Throw it?

75

M: Less than I
would've guessed.

j
.
.

and bril-liant, by the way.

and you throwit inmy face.

and it's the fif -teenth time to - day.


K2: Stgs + Bells

.
.

# >

Clav.

# J
set

j
& n ?

n
> > >
j
j
n

# j
#

n

j
? ####

#
76

Who's gor-geous

I'm try -ingnot to think a - bout it,

Hammond

72

w/Bs. sim.(to end)

73

>

I Love You Because

j
# .
# .


type who runs or hides.

M: I see.

w/K2: Vocal Pad

..
..
.

K1/C

9. ...BUT I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT HER

####

&

####

79

&

####

? ####
V

####

&

####

&

####

82

? ####
V

####

&

####

85

# J
fol - low my

plan.

I fol -low my

know we'll be to - ge - ther

n .
nw

>

>

.
. J
e - ver.

3x

..

M: Obviously.

..
..

re-attack
84

n
J

..
.
.

# ... n

her.
K2: Clav. >

..

You're wrong. I

Be - sides,

Sax, K2: Sax

be.

j
.

j
# # j n
.
>
>

.. >

86

>j to >r talk


> > a - bout


J
R

> > .
#
&
J R
f
? ####
# r
> > .
####

j
.

want

83

# a
n

>

for

they may


. V J

AUSTIN:

81

..
..

MARCY:

No mat - ter how mis-gui -ded

#
.

&

guides.

# .
...

80

I Love You Because

n >

>

don't

> > n > >

n > >
f n > > >

j
n

(JEFF and DIANA enter from outside.)


JEFF: So you find out insurance risks...for birds.
DIANA: There are no birds involved!
87

..

> > >


j
..


Prepared exclusively for Adam Zeph.

>

..

n
> > >
j

..

n j

..

V.S.
(C7)

K1/C

88

10. ...BUT I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT HER

####

? ####

#
#

JEFF: Let's do shots. C'mon Austin.


(AUSTIN and JEFF head to the bar.) Safety

..

>

89

..

DIANA: So how is he?


MARCY: Perfect.

(last x poco rit.)

I Love You Because

>

U last X)

tacet & fermata


last X

..

n n & ..

90

K2: Bells

ggg
last X)
U
..
.. ggg


#
&
g
ggg
n .
n > > >
ggg
.
p
( U last X)
g
ggg ?
j
j ..
? ####
.
.
gg j

j
&
#
n

.



.
n
Segue
####

Prepared exclusively for Adam Zeph.

Оценить