Вы находитесь на странице: 1из 7

[ Project: R&D Project: Six Sigma, Start Date:29/01/2016, End Date:04/11/2016]

Filtered Totals: Logged: 121 hours 25 minutes (121.42) Non-billable: 4 hours 25 minutes (4.42) Billable: 117 hours (117.00)
R&D Project: Six Sigma (AUT Uni)
Date

Who

Description

29/02/2016

Joni
Pablo

01/03/2016

Task list

Start

End

Week 1 Lecture

4:00PM

Joni
Pablo

Today is our first meeting with our project supervisor, Greig. We had a brief introduction about ourselves, discussed about the
things that needs to be done for the project, exchanged emails, contact numbers and class/work schedules and made a
Facebook group for easy and fast communication.

06/03/2016

Joni
Pablo

Billable

Billed

Time

Hours

6:00PM

2 hrs

2.00

2:00PM

2:45PM

45
mins

0.75

Read through the provided student guide and checked the sample proposals that was sent by our project supervisor.

9:00PM

10:30PM

1 hrs
30
mins

1.50

07/03/2016

Joni
Pablo

Did the personality test today. According to the gathered results, I am the group entertainer. We also received an email from Greig
saying that an issue has arisen with our project due to the client wanting to only have two students on the project. But it was
immediately resolved because Gisela and our project supervisor had a meeting with the client and he ended up considering three
team members working on the project. There will also be a client meeting on Tuesday (08/03/2016) at 11am and a team meeting
with the project supervisor today at 2pm.

12:00AM

2:00AM

2 hrs

2.00

07/03/2016

Joni
Pablo

This is our second meeting with Greig. We have agreed to have a meeting with the client the following day (Tuesday,
08/03/2016). Greig told us to prepare some questions that we want to ask to the client before the meeting. We also had a brief
discussion about the project proposal which will be due in Week 4.

2:00PM

2:30PM

30
mins

0.50

07/03/2016

Joni
Pablo

Week 2 Lecture

4:00PM

6:00PM

2 hrs

2.00

07/03/2016

Joni
Pablo

Created our team contract that needs to be read and signed by all team members on our next team meeting.

10:00PM

11:30PM

1 hrs
30
mins

1.50

11:00AM

11:45AM

45
mins

0.75

First meeting with the client, Sam. We also met the other AUT student, Devendra, who will be working with us in this project. Upon
the meeting with the client, we were asked to introduce ourselves and the client talked about their company, what they do and
what they want us to do to improve their company and be reasonably good in the industry.
Client meeting notes:
Understand and do data manually.
Goal/Plan: set up ultra fibre connection in all houses and/or businesses.
What they do: extend cable underground to the house then connect it to the modem. They also build network to connect buildings
and houses.

08/03/2016

Joni
Pablo

Six Main KPI(s):


1. Financials: Needs to be efficient to meet financials
2. Health and Safety: Needs to be adhered
3. Quality Assurance: Chorus standards needs to be followed
4. Lead time: Time frame given to complete a specific job (should be completed within 7 days)
5. Customer Services Experience: This includes surveys and reports that needs to be sent to clients.
6. Visibility: Has the job been done?
Tasks to be done:
Plot graphs
Do some data mining tasks
Get statistics to see how well the company is trending
Company has to be reasonably good in the industry
Focus on one of the KPI(s): Lead time (Collect data from the management)
DMIAC - Define, Measure, Improve, Analyse and Control
Tools to gather data:

1 of 7

www.simpro.co
Jobs are gathered individually
Data is collected when chorus sends it electronically via email
Data can also be entered manually
08/03/2016

Joni
Pablo

Group meeting with Joni, Kimberly, and Lucas. Discussed the events of the meeting we just had with the client and collectively
comprehended what they wanted us to do. Also became more firmly acquainted with one another. Forming -> Storming. Team
contract has also been read and signed by the team.

12:00PM

1:30PM

1 hrs
30
mins

1.50

11/03/2016

Joni
Pablo

Checked Lucas proposal draft on our Gdrive folder and created an account on teamwork. The team have decided to use this
project management tool for this project. We have also agreed to have a skype conference tomorrow to talk about the project
proposal.

10:00PM

11:30PM

1 hrs
30
mins

1.50

12/03/2016

Joni
Pablo

Our group decided to have a Skype conference to discussed about our project proposal. In the meeting, we have decided to start
with the easiest parts so that we can get it out of the way and we can just focus on the more complicated parts afterwards. Our
project leader Lucas, assigned me and Kimberley to work on the Scope together. We are expected to finish it by Monday,
14/03/2016.

1:00PM

2:00PM

1 hrs

1.00

12/03/2016

Joni
Pablo

Since Joni and I are partners for the tasks given to us we discussed our plan on how we are going about doing our parts for the
project proposal.

2:05PM

2:35PM

30
mins

0.50

13/03/2016

Joni
Pablo

Today, me and Kim already completed writing the roles, skills and knowledge part for our project scope. This part should be
checked and proofread by our project leader tomorrow. There are three more parts left to be finished by tomorrow (Monday,
14/03/2016), including the objectives, constraints and the projects cost estimation.

7:00PM

11:00PM

4 hrs

4.00

14/03/2016

Joni
Pablo

Group meeting with Joni, Kimberly, and Lucas. Discussed the scope, what we believe we need to do, and what work we did over
the weekend. This set us up for our meeting with our supervisor at 2PM.

12:45PM

1:10PM

25
mins

0.42

14/03/2016

Joni
Pablo

2:00PM

2:45PM

45
mins

0.75

Meeting with supervisor. He told us how we should structure our proposal, reaffirmed the idea of having to ensure data integrity
practices before conducting analysis, what we should tell our client, and what time to book for our presentation next week.
He noted we should add milestones in the proposal and work out the finer details later when we actually have more information.

2 of 7

14/03/2016

Joni
Pablo

Week 3 Lecture.

4:00PM

6:00PM

2 hrs

2.00

14/03/2016

Joni
Pablo

Me and Kim continued to finish the remaining parts of our project scope. Today, we did some updates on our knowledge, skills
and roles, we have also completed our required resources and cost estimation and were still trying to write our objectives. The
deadline for our project scope was supposed to be today but since were still halfway through, it clearly means that we already
missed our target date. We are expecting to finish this entirely by tomorrow and again, get it proofread by our project leader to
make sure that we didnt miss anything.

7:20PM

11:45PM

4 hrs
25
mins

4.42

15/03/2016

Joni
Pablo

The team prepared individual questions that we can ask in the next client meeting. This is to ensure that the team and the client
are both in the same page. This would also help the team to get a better understanding about our Six Sigma project.

10:00PM

11:40PM

1 hrs
40
mins

1.67

15/03/2016

Joni
Pablo

Reworded one of the requirements for the Quality Assurance section and checked the proposal draft to see what's left for us to
finish before the deadline.

10:00PM

11:00PM

1 hrs

1.00

16/03/2016

Joni
Pablo

Added stuff on our project scope and cost estimate today.

11:30AM

1:45PM

2 hrs
15
mins

2.25

16/03/2016

Joni
Pablo

We have already completed our project scope and I have started doing the quality assurance part for our project proposal as well.
So far, Ive already written down and explained how do we control quality and the requirements needed for quality assurance. I
updated the communication strategy that Kim started as well. I also checked and made minimal changes to some documents.
Nothing really major, just spelling mistakes and a bit of grammatical errors.

8:00PM

11:40PM

3 hrs
40
mins

3.67

18/03/2016

Joni
Pablo

Started helping Kim with the Risk Register part for the project proposal.

8:30PM

10:45PM

2 hrs
15
mins

2.25

18/03/2016

Joni
Pablo

Me and Kim revised the project scope today just to make it more straightforward and easy to read.

10:30PM

11:45PM

1 hrs
15
mins

1.25

18/03/2016

Joni
Pablo

Discussed the project scope with Kim. We have decided to make changes due to scope being to broad and unclear.

10:45PM

11:15PM

30
mins

0.50

19/03/2016

Joni
Pablo

Group Skype call. Discussed what we needed to do for the scope and project plan.

12:25AM

1:50AM

1 hrs
25
mins

1.42

19/03/2016

Joni
Pablo

Transferred our project plan to MS project.

1:00AM

2:00AM

1 hrs

1.00

19/03/2016

Joni
Pablo

Finished our quality assurance part in the proposal and the risk register as well. I did the project deliverable today too. Everything
is going well so far. We're almost done with the entire project proposal so I'm pretty confident that we'll finish it before the
submission date.

8:00PM

11:50PM

3 hrs
50
mins

3.83

20/03/2016

Joni
Pablo

Finalised our project proposal. Everyone did their own proofreading of the entire document. I added the cover page, table of
contents and the footer which includes the page number, the version number and the date. Kim got it printed afterwards to be
handed in to the three panelist for tomorrow's project presentation.

4:00PM

7:00PM

3 hrs

3.00

20/03/2016

Joni
Pablo

Thoroughly checked the document with everyone one last time that its all correct and no information is missing before I get it
printed out.

6:25PM

7:00PM

35
mins

0.58

20/03/2016

Joni
Pablo

Discussed the parts that we will be talking about in the presentation tomorrow. I was assigned to do the Introduction and discuss
about Clearvision and the systems they use, why the project is needed and a brief overview of our objectives for the project.

9:35PM

11:40PM

2 hrs
5
mins

2.08

21/03/2016

Joni
Pablo

Did our presentation today. We were the first group to present. I believe that everything went well. We were able to answer the
questions that the panelists' asked us. They looked pretty happy with our proposal except they gave us comments on some parts
particularly on the methodology that we will be using for the project as well as the quality assurance and project deliverable part.
Thus, we'll definitely need to make slight changes on our proposal.

11:00AM

11:55AM

55
mins

0.92

04/04/2016

Joni
Pablo

Team meeting with Greig. Discussed how the proposal went, what to say to the client, what we need to work on.

2:00PM

2:30PM

30
mins

0.50

04/04/2016

Joni
Pablo

Week 6 Lecture.

4:00PM

6:00PM

2 hrs

2.00

07/04/2016

Joni
Pablo

Did some changes with our project proposal to be resubmitted to our project supervisor by tomorrow (Friday, 08/04/2016).

7:00PM

8:45PM

1 hrs
45
mins

1.75

11/04/2016

Joni
Pablo

Client meeting. Discussed where we are going to take the project, and if we are all on the same page. Agreed to come into
Clearvision Monday, 9AM.

1:50PM

2:20PM

30
mins

0.50

9:00AM

2:15PM

5 hrs
15
mins

5.25

9:35AM

10:00AM

25
mins

0.42

Went to Clearvision today and talked to the managers of MDU and SDU jobs. Decided to change from writing a change
management plan to a communication policy.

18/04/2016

Joni
Pablo

We were given a brief introduction about Clearvision's business and how they use Simpro with regards to the jobs they get. We
have also realised that Ajit, the SDU manager was using spreadsheets instead of Simpro as it was very time consuming for him.
Based from what we all understood, he is the one that takes care of the SDU department and he can't put every job into Simpro
and now he has hired a new person who will enter all the job information into Simpro and that they will try to catch up on logging
the jobs. He is still in the transition phase.
We have also discussed that there is a lot of miscommunication with each departments so this prompted us to create a
communications plan for them.

28/04/2016

3 of 7

Joni
Pablo

Added one issue on our issue log.

30/04/2016

Joni
Pablo

As requested from the client, I created a "Weekly Progress Report" template for our group to be submitted every Wednesday to
our project supervisor and the director of Clearvision Communications.

10:30PM

11:30PM

1 hrs

1.00

1:00AM

2:30AM

1 hrs
30
mins

1.50

Team was discussing about Lucas' client visit on April 28th and from there we have discussed that we need to change the whole
communications plan so that it will be more of a policy and like in a numbered format which will be generalized so that each
department are able to follow a set of rules.

4 of 7

01/05/2016

Joni
Pablo

02/05/2016

Joni
Pablo

Third visit to Clearvision. Learnt the basics of how to use simPRO, what kind of data types we're working with, introduced
ourselves and asked questions to the accounts manager and assistant civil manager.

8:30AM

3:00PM

6 hrs
30
mins

6.50

02/05/2016

Joni
Pablo

Complete meeting with supervisor and Sam. Established what work we would be doing in the future, what needed to be done
now.

12:00PM

12:30PM

30
mins

0.50

02/05/2016

Joni
Pablo

Week 8 Lecture.

4:00PM

6:00PM

2 hrs

2.00

02/05/2016

Joni
Pablo

The team have decided to make the communications policy as precise as possible so that it can be easily read and
comprehended by the employees of Clearvisions Communication. I had to edit and shorten my part in the policy (basic rules of
communication) and put the information in bulleted form to make it more readable and direct.

7:00PM

9:30PM

2 hrs
30
mins

2.50

03/05/2016

Joni
Pablo

Had a meeting with our team mates as we needed to change our communication policy - making it more as a policy rather than a
plan for Clearvision. We discussed about what we needed to include, remove and change in order to create a more professional
policy.

9:15PM

11:40PM

2 hrs
25
mins

2.42

04/05/2016

Joni
Pablo

We are making a major change to our communications policy. This includes adding several list of policies in the content. I
checked the policies that Lucas have written so far and added a few as well. Also, I added an "Annual Review of Policy" section
and an "Objective" section on our communications policy. Compiled and changed the layout of our final document and asked the
team to check for errors or any missing information.

6:30PM

10:00PM

3 hrs
30
mins

3.50

05/05/2016

Joni
Pablo

Did our SWOT Analysis today for our client. Asked Lucas and Kim to check it and add more information if necessary.

10:00PM

11:45PM

1 hrs
45
mins

1.75

06/05/2016

Joni
Pablo

Finalised our communications policy. Added the cover page, change log and approvals section and reformatted the entire
content. Sent the copy to the team afterwards via email.

9:00PM

11:50PM

2 hrs
50
mins

2.83

09/05/2016

Joni
Pablo

Fourth visit to Clearvision. The teams' official training for the simPRO software was conducted by the SDU manager. Gained a
broader knowledge about the tool and the team got a chance to ask questions and get more ideas to further assist us in identifying
the best tool that could help improve the company particularly in the lead time area. We also figured that the SDU manager is
using both the simPRO tool and the old excel spreadsheet that they were using before as he's still in the transition phase. He
mentioned that he will eventually move to the new software being used once he becomes fully proficient with it. During the
training, we have decided that we will be using MS excel and some sort of visual basics coding for analysing the SDU's lead time
data instead of using Weka. This is because we think that it's best to develop something that could be beneficial to the company
for the long run. We also got to have a short meeting with Sam today. We discussed about the communications policy draft that
we sent him last week and updated him about the training that we did with the SDU manager. With regards to the communications
plan that we sent him, we were told to send it to the other managers as well to get valuable feed backs and improve the quality of
the policy's content.

9:00AM

12:00PM

3 hrs

3.00

10/05/2016

Joni
Pablo

I was the person in charge to do our weekly progress report this week which will be submitted by Lucas tomorrow (Wednesday,
11/05/2016).

10:30PM

11:30PM

1 hrs

1.00

15/05/2016

Joni
Pablo

Did our status report draft and shared it on our Gdrive folder. I have also finished writing the overview of our project objectives.

9:30PM

11:00PM

1 hrs
30
mins

1.50

*Notes:
- Communication policy should be clear and concise
- Easy to read
- Suitable for all departments
- Clear

Fifth visit to Clearvision. Looked at data stored on simPRO and came to the conclusion that it was unusable. The manager of the
SDU department only started using it recently and as a result there is no history of data with proper integrity, consistency etc.
Furthermore, the manager does not like entering data on simPRO because he is doubling up on work which is counterproductive.
We will be collecting data from Visionstream's ETA Direct software because that is kept up-to-date and will give us something to
work with. We either use this data or we having nothing at all to work with.

16/05/2016

Joni
Pablo

Our client wants this manager to use simPRO, but it isn't our responsibility to tell his employees how to work, nor do we have any
sort of authority to do so. As much as we would like to use simPRO, we do not have this option.
9:45AM

1:00PM

3 hrs
15
mins

3.25

Need to get feedback on our comms policy from the health and safety manager. We organised to have a meeting with him today
last Monday but he forgot and didn't have time for us today. We'll need to get him to send us his thoughts over email instead.
Need to email Greig to know his opinion on our approach. Our plan is to do two months worth of data analysis taken from ETA
Direct and present the data in a way which lets Clearvision see where jobs are left pending and it's within their control to fix. The
issue with this method is it is difficult to automate this process completely.
We also need to email our client informing him of the issue using simPRO for data analysis.

17/05/2016

Joni
Pablo

Sorted all the required finished documents on Gdrive for our mid-project review. I also created new files and folders to make all
our documents organised and easy to access. I logged one issue that occurred on Monday, 16/05/2016 as well to keep the issue
log up to date.

8:00AM

10:00AM

2 hrs

2.00

18/05/2016

Joni
Pablo

Moved our issue log from MS word to excel so that it looks more neat and tidy.

12:00PM

1:35PM

1 hrs
35
mins

1.58

18/05/2016

Joni
Pablo

Created a team meeting template on our Gdrive folder. Transferred and formatted our first team meeting there as it was just
recorded on our personal/team time logs.

1:50PM

2:30PM

40
mins

0.67

19/05/2016

Joni
Pablo

Finished doing our Risk Register table and asked Lucas to check it and add more information if needed.

7:45PM

9:20PM

1 hrs
35
mins

1.58

20/05/2016

Joni
Pablo

Did my 'individual learning' to be included on our status report. Transferred our 2nd meeting on Gdrive.

10:00PM

11:00PM

1 hrs

1.00

22/05/2016

Joni
Pablo

Finally managed to transfer all our team meetings to Gdrive. Compiled and sorted it in one document as well so that it will be easy
for us to show it during our mid-project review this coming Wednesday.

12:30AM

2:40AM

2 hrs
10
mins

2.17

22/05/2016

Joni
Pablo

Just did our team roles and moved and sorted out some of our folders in Gdrive today. I also tried doing our brief project
description, project objectives and project scope for our status report.

6:00PM

10:00PM

4 hrs

4.00

23/05/2016

Joni
Pablo

Sixth visit to Clearvision. Gathered feedback from Ajit, Jawed and Sultan on our communication policy. Need to send Neel an
email asking for his feedback, as well as Asim. Have not heard from Matt and it has been two weeks since we asked for his
feedback. Unfortunately he was in a meeting today and we could not see him in person.

9:00AM

12:00PM

3 hrs

3.00

1:30PM

2:30PM

1 hrs

1.00

11:00AM

12:00PM

1 hrs

1.00

Meeting with our supervisor. Just regarding our concerns about the project and also a discussion of our status report for our
upcoming mid project review. Also, gathered advice as how to we should handle our concerns about our client.
23/05/2016

Joni
Pablo

*Send Greig copies of our work (cc him in)


*Status report - send a copy of the draft to Greig
*Weekly report - put in all the issues that you have found as a team
*Update proposal due to scope
We had our Mid project review meeting with Gisela, Greig and another moderator as Stephen couldn't make it that time.

25/05/2016

Joni
Pablo

Basically we just handed our status reports to them, a presentation all about the KPI: Lead Time for our Clearvision Project was
presented to them. We were also interviewed one by one by the moderators about the project and how we feel about it, what our
project is about and etc. We also showed them what deliverables we have done, where are we on our project plan and our plans
for later on.
As we were the first one for the mid project review, we weren't sure how it works and so Gisela has also advised us about the
folders on our Google Drive and that we should put it in HTML format, moreover we also needed to have physical deliverables

5 of 7

and the project proposal needs to be updated if we make changes to our project according to what we have discussed during our
mid project review.
26/05/2016

Joni
Pablo

Completed writing the basic rules for communication for our communications policy.

9:00PM

11:30PM

2 hrs
30
mins

2.50

28/07/2016

Joni
Pablo

Had a meeting with our supervisor today with regards to the progress of our project and also so that we can address our
concerns about Sam and his employees. In addition, how we got the data from ETAdirect instead of Simpro due to the
inconsistencies of the data entered on Simpro. e.g. doesn't have a start date and end date that the job was completed, the
comments are pretty much useless and etc. We are also planning to visit Sam with Greig next week and to address our issues as
a team and just an overall discussion about our project.

11:00AM

12:00PM

1 hrs

1.00

9:30AM

10:45AM

1 hrs
15
mins

1.25

3:30PM

4:30PM

1 hrs

1.00

11:00AM

12:00PM

1 hrs

1.00

Semester 2, Week 3:

01/08/2016

Joni
Pablo

We had a meeting today with both our client and supervisor at Clearvision just to update the client about our project status and
our concerns for this project. We also discussed about our time of coming to Clearvision for this semester but unfortunately due
to clashes in timetable and the location of Clearvision, it was quite difficult for the team to decide a time of when we are all
available to come in to Clearvision. The client also initially wanted that each member of the team to come on different days which
wasn't ideal for us. The client thinks that this isn't very good and we are not going to learn a lot from the business and how they
operate. I supposed that he thinks we are interns as he wants us all to come everyday (he was comparing us to the business
students as the business students do a "Co-Op" paper and that means that they have to be at the clients for 9 weeks).We think
that, it is also better for us to come together so that we don't miss out of any information and that we can work together on our
project. After the meeting, we realised that our team and Greig needs to have another meeting next week to discuss whether we
should still continue the project or just cancel it due to the issues that we are having right now.
Meeting today consists:
- Addressing Issues
- Aims of the client: Understanding the business.
- Reports that have been produced.
- QA and setup lead time reports.
- Meeting with Greig at 4pm on Wednesday.
Today, we had a meeting with Greig just to discuss about our meeting with the client on 1/08/2016 and he also said that he had
discussed our matters about the project to Gisela and Stephen. We have all decided that we are going to cancel our project and
our meeting was all about how we are going to present a presentation about Clearvision.

03/08/2016

Joni
Pablo

Our presentation should contain the following:


-what we have done so far,
-our scope for this project,
-what we have achieved so far,
-issues with the client,
-progress with the project,
-etc.
Lastly, the meeting was set on Friday at 11:00 am with the other academic supervisors.
We had our meeting today with the academic supervisors, Stephen and Gisela, along with our supervisor, Greig.

05/08/2016

6 of 7

Joni
Pablo

- We have decided to cancel the project with Clearvision, thinking about another project that we can do which is the website
making or the KPMG project.
- Greig and Stephen has a meeting with Alistair Morgan (new client from KPMG) on Monday at 10.00am.
- Package up the script professionally send a preview of it to Greig and we've got until the end of week 4
- Alternative options --> website (client in AUT)
- Scope - mini proposal, planning and outcomes
- Physical outcomes e.g. requirements analysis design or database documents
- Artifacts should be bundled up e.g. portfolio
- Reflective report (2 parts)
- Html website (the portfolio)
- 2 portfolios - 2 projects
- End of year assessments will be checked
- Put the macros used in the portfolio
- Documentation with the script

12/08/2016

Joni
Pablo

Just had a small meeting with the team to discuss about the instructions and the test script that we are about to hand over to Sam.
Kimberley said that the meeting with Alistair will be on Monday (15/08/2016).

Generated for Kimberly Capati at 2:13AM 04/11/2016


Manage your projects quickly and easily! Signup for Teamwork Projects

7 of 7

10:00AM

30
mins

10:30AM

0.50

Total

121 hours 25 minutes

121.42

Non Billable Time

4 hours 25 minutes

4.42

Billable Time

117 hours

117.00