Вы находитесь на странице: 1из 6

Manchester City hit six at

Watford as Liverpool and Spurs

both held at home
Sergio Aguero completed a hat trick as Manchester
City produced a superb away performance to
demolish Watford 6-0 at Vicarage Road and go top of the
Premier League.

City's high confidence showed from the off, with Kevin De

Bruyne the star of the show as they piled pressure on their
previously unbeaten hosts.

The Belgium international played in Aguero, whose chip

brushed the roof of the net -- and after Watford had come
close through Richarlison, his free kick was headed in by
Aguero with 27 minutes gone.

City doubled their lead four minutes later when David Silva
set up Aguero at the far post, and with half-time still to come
they struck again when Aguero turned provider for Gabriel

Watford emerged with purpose after the break, Andre

Carrillo curling an effort narrowly off target, but City got a
fourth when De Bruyne crossed for Nicolas Otamendi to
head home and soon made it five when Aguero completed
his hat trick.

And with a minute remaining, Raheem Sterling completed

the rout from the penalty spot after being brought down
inside the area.

Liverpool were left frustrated at Anfield as Burnley held them

to a 1-1 draw.

After a subdued start, Liverpool were shocked when the

visitors went in front as Robbie Brady headed the ball across
from the left and it came to Scott Arfield, who thumped
home in the 27th minute.

But the Merseysiders responded within three minutes as

Emre Can released Mo Salah, who cut inside to slot home a
low finish.

The returning Philippe Coutinho drifted away from a couple

of attempted tackles and fired narrowly over as Liverpool
began to take control of the game after the break.

Burnley could have snatched it in the closing stages when

Ben Mee's header was scrambled away by the Liverpool
defence, but the home side came even closer when visiting
keeper Nick Pope made a fine save from Trent Alexander-
Arnold and Dominic Solanke hit the crossbar.
Tottenham's Wembley woes came back to bite as they were
held to a frustrating goalless draw at home to Swansea.

Harry Kane hit the crossbar in the second half and Spurs
could have had a penalty when Martin Olsson touched the
ball with his hand but Swansea dug in for a hard-earned

Mauricio Pochettino's men looked to have turned a corner at

their new base after Wednesday's pulsating win over
Borussia Dortmund but this result means they are still
winless here in the league this season.

Newcastle continued their excellent recent run with a 2-1

victory over Stoke at St James' Park.

Stoke had been the brighter side in the early stages but
Newcastle -- with Rafa Benitez back in the dugout after
illness -- took the lead after 19 minutes when Matt Ritchie
set up Christian Atsu to score.

The home team dominated from that point but missed

chances to increase their advantage, with ex-Stoke player
Joselu denied by keeper Jack Butland.

They were made to pay after 57 minutes when Xherdan

Shaqiri levelled, sliding home a tidy finish, but regained the
lead when Jamaal Lascelles headed home a little over 10
minutes later.
U.S. international DeAndre Yedlin played the full 90 minutes
in his first appearance of the season for Newcastle after
recovering from a hamstring injury suffered in preseason.

Roy Hodgson's first game in charge of Crystal Palace ended

in a 1-0 home defeat as an early Steven Davis strike sealed
the points for Southampton and the Londoners made it five
Premier League matches without a goal.

Palace made a positive start as the former England manager

looked on from the home dugout, with Christian Benteke
getting down the left and swinging in a cross that caused
problems before being cleared.

But after only six minutes, the struggling Eagles were

behind as Davis played in Dusan Tadic down the right and,
when his cross was pushed out by Wayne Hennessey, Davis
followed up to sidefoot into the corner.

And they were unable to muster a response as they set an

unwanted Premier League record for the longest run without
a goal at the start of a season.

Leicester City recovered from a goal down to take a point in a

1-1 draw atHuddersfield Town.

The Terriers began strongly as they looked to make amends

for a disappointing defeat at West Ham, and Tom Ince almost
found Laurent Depoitre with a cross before sending an effort
over the top.

Leicester were struggling to get going but improved as half-

time approached, Jamie Vardy turning inside the area but
sending his effort past the post.

In a flurry of activity at the start of the second half, the

home side took a 47th-minute lead when Laurent Depoitre
slid the ball beyond Kasper Schmeichel.

Leicester levelled within three minutes when Andy King was

brought down inside the area and Vardy hammered home
from the spot, but Huddersfield felt they should have gone
back in front when Elias Kachunga headed in, only to be
controversially adjudged offside.

West Bromwich Albion and West Ham United shared the spoils
in a largely uneventful 0-0 draw at The Hawthorns.

West Ham's increased confidence after their first win of the

season on Monday showed in a bright start, and they almost
took the lead in spectacular style with half an hour on the

Pedro Obiang, around 40 yards out, saw home keeper Ben

Foster off his line and his superb effort crashed back off the
bar with the keeper beaten, but within moments James
Morrison failed to convert a good chance when he
completely misconnected with a header.

There was controversy when Javier Hernandez was brought

down by Ben Foster, racing out of his area -- but the home
keeper was shown only a yellow card when the West Ham
players felt he should have seen red.

Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest

football updates.