Вы находитесь на странице: 1из 6

Basic structure & outline for FSW entry

ITA --> AOR --> Medicals passed --> IP1 --> N/A --> IP2 --> PPR --> CoPR
Eligibility (minimum 67 Points) & CRS Points check (ideally 420-500 CRS Points for
FSW entry
Broad Factors -
Age, Qualification, Ielts score,
Outside Canada Work Experience,
Canadian Work Experience, Canadian Degree/Education,
Sibling in Canada as Citizen or PR holder)
Official Links
IELTs (Suggested MINIMUM score L-8,R-7,S-7,W-7)
& WES (World Education Services)
(Degree copy & University issued transcripts to be COURIERed to them in university
sealed envelope,
applicable for bachelor's, Master's, Pre bachelor's diploma , 10th 12th Marksheet
NOT needed for WES)
-> Profile submission
-> ITA (Invitation to Apply) - Based on CRS Points draw (if that draw's cutoff is
lower than your CRS Score you are invited to submit your application
with scan proofs for all the information you entered in your express entry profile)
Documents listed below: (broad list not exhaustive)
(Up to 90 Days allowed to submission all the requisite documents like
Ielts Result
Wes (ECA Result)
Passport Scan Copy
Birth Certificate
Bachelor's Documents
Master's Documents (if applicable)
Work Experience Documents (Appointment Letters, Relieving Letters, Salary Slips,
Roles & Responsibility Letter)
Income Tax Returns for entire period of employment (one for each financial year)
Police Verification Certificate
Medical Fitness Certificate
Proof of Funds Certificate
-> AOR (Acknowledgment of Receipt) - Submission of all aforementioned documents
Then immense wait during these stages of background check (May take 20 Days to 180
Days varying on complexity of case to case basis,
also varies if multiple countries of residence & multiple Employment companies)
NA 1
Ppr - Passport Request (where the candidate has to send his/her Passport to Visa
Facilitation Services)
CoPr - Confirmation of PR
Note -
Kindly add in comments If I missed anything

A basic summary (P.S. Timelines and order may vary based on country and stream):
1. eAOR - electronic Acknowledgement of Receipt - a templated letter saying that
your application is submitted with the application number mentioned (applicants may
use this to apply for a BOW Permit, if applicable);

2. Meds Passed - Medicals Pass and file is initially opened to check for R10
satisfaction at the CIO (Central Intake Office);

3. BG IP(1) - Background Check in Progress for the first time - usually happens on
the same day your Meds Pass. At this stage they check for all documents and that
whether the applicant is not missing any documents. They are not scrutinized at
this stage, except for Police Clearance certificate (dates, and period is covered
based on your answers from the Personal and Travel History); Additional docs (like
Schedule A, Travel History, Family Info, Proof of something, etc.) may be requested
at this stage.

4. *Next Step is to conduct a Background Check - NBG (not all applicants see this)
- This is usually only when an applicant submits an RCMP report and thus the
security check is done later.

5. BG NA - Not Applicable - usually happens between 1-2 months from eAOR. This is
where applicants' first phase of A11.1 Eligibility and documents are checked by the
CIO. At this stage the agent checks if the points match, are above the round's ITA
points, eligibility under the stream is met, points are claimed genuinely and if
there are no irregularities in the docs or work exp, NOC, etc. After this the
application is sent to the Local Visa Office (LVO) for finalization and second

6. BG IP(2) - Background Check in Progress for the second time - This is the stage
wherein the LVO opens the file to check your entire application and confirm the
notes and insights from the CIO agent. Eg. proof of funds, letter of employment, if
any; This usually happens after all the security, criminality and eligibility is
all okay. and at around the 4 months mark from the eAOR.

7. PPR - Passport Request email - Ready for Visa/Demande Final� - This is the email
which every applicant stresses and waits for, it is on this forum also known as The
Golden Email. This means the officer is satisfied and has approved your application
also has requested your passport (if needed) or photocopy of passport (if from
visa-exempt country) along with 2 photos and annex A form, to stamp the Immigrant
Visa and issue the CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residency (a letter serving
proof that you are a PR). It is this letter used for "landing" at the border and in
officially becoming a Permanent Resident. This letter is later also used for
citizenship application (if applicable).

Again, this is a small summary and an estimated timeline based on my personal

experience and it may vary throughout. But the stages are more or less structured
and happen in an Express Entry Application Life Cycle. Timings and order may

ITA --> AOR --> Medicals passed --> IP1 --> N/A --> IP2 --> PPR

You receive your ITA, and you have 90 days to submit the full application

On submitting the full application, you receive an AOR or Acknowledgement of


Medical passed could take about 2 months, but recently its only been a month for
some. It will say 'You have passed the medical'. I think this could be preceded
with a background check of not applicable...
Background checks happen in two stages, on some forums they are labelled IP1 (in
progress 1) and IP2 (in progress 2).

IP1 usually follows shortly after the medicals are passed, and should last a few
days before the background check goes to not applicable again. The text I believe
just says 'In progress'

This not applicable stage can last from a month to many months.

When the background check goes to 'We are processing your background check. We will
contact you if we need further information', then you are in IP2.

After IP2 follows PPR, or Passport Request, which is the visa office asking for
your passport so they can stamp it with something confirming your PR. At this stage
you have been accepted.

Once you receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Canadian permanent residence
through Express Entry, the good news is that you�re on your way to fulfilling your
Canadian immigration dreams! The bad news is you only have 90 days to assemble your
complete application for permanent residence.
Your electronic application for permanent residence (eAPR) has to back up the
information you provided in your Express Entry profile, and on the basis of which
your were issued an ITA. An incomplete application could mean that your application
is rejected.
*For more information about each of the documents listed below, scroll to the end
of this post!
A copy of the biographical data page of a passport or travel document for the
principal applicant and each of their accompanying family members
If you have a spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner:
Marriage certificate, if married;
Evidence of common-law union and cohabitation
If you have dependent children, whether or not they are accompanying you:
Birth certificate or equivalent for each child, or;
Adoption certificate, if applicable
A copy of your language test results
Reference letters
Electronic copies of your employment records
If you have claimed Canadian work experience, you must provide:
Reference letters
T4 tax information slips
Notice of Assessment and Option C printouts from CRA
A copy of your work permit/employment authorization
Copies of certificates, diplomas or degrees for each completed program of study
Copies of transcripts for each completed secondary and post-secondary program
An original Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report
If you have claimed Canadian educational credentials, you must provide:
Proof of successful completion of the program
If you have claimed a relative in Canada, you must provide:
Proof of status of your relative in Canada
Proof of residency of your relative in Canada
Proof of familial relation with your relative in Canada
An official letter from your financial institution listing all current bank and
investment accounts, as well as outstanding debts.
Bank statements.
Electronic copies of medical examination confirmation.
Police clearance certificates from every country, region, or territory in which you
and/or any of your family members resided in for six months or more since the age
of 18.
If you have claimed points for a provincial nomination:
A copy of the provincial or territorial certificate of qualification
If you have claimed points for a valid job offer from a Canadian employer:
A letter from the employer offering the job in Canada
The associated LMIA number, if applicable
Two (2) digital photos of you, your spouse or partner, and each dependent child.
Government processing fees
Right of permanent residence fees
Depending on which language test you took, IRCC may already have access to your
test results. However, IRCC does sometimes request a copy of language test results.
It may be a good idea to include your results with your application, otherwise your
application could be delayed if IRCC ends of requesting a copy.
To confirm your identity, and the identities of your family members, you need to
provide a clear and legible copy of the biographical data page of a passport or
travel document.
If you�re married, or have a common-law or conjugal partner, you have to provide
documents that attest to your relationship. This can be more complicated than it
sounds, especially if you don�t share any children. If you are divorced, legally
separated, or widowed, you�ll need to provide appropriate documents to verify your
If you have children, whether they are accompanying you or not, you need to provide
proof of their relationship to you. If you have biological children, you should
provide a copy of each of their birth certificates. If you have adopted children,
you should provide a copy of each of their adoption certificates.
Check out our guide for more information about reference letters. You�ll need one
from each of your employers in the last 10 years. This is primarily how IRCC will
decide if the National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes you�ve claimed
accurately represent your experience.
Employment records are official documents that attest to your employment. They can
be things like contracts, employment letters, pay slips, etc. You need these to
prove to IRCC that you worked for the employers you claimed to work for, for the
periods you claimed to have when you made your Express Entry profile.
The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) issues documents for tax purposes to everyone who
works in Canada. If you claimed Canadian work experience, you need to show proof
that you did so legally, and that you paid your taxes.
You will need proof that you completed the programs you claimed in your profile.
Since standards of education vary in different countries, you�ll need an
Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for any degrees earned outside of Canada.
This will determine what your credential would be equal to if you had earned it in
The ECA has to come directly from the authorized organization that provides it, and
cannot be a copy.
If your transcripts or certificate are in any language other than English or
French, you�ll also need to provide a certified translation.
You do not need to have a relative in Canada to be eligible for permanent
residence. Although, if you claimed CRS points for a relative in Canada in your
profile, you will need to back it up with proof.
First, you need to prove that your relative has Canadian citizenship or permanent
residence status. If they are in Canada on a temporary visa, like a work permit or
study permit, you can�t claim points for them.
Second, you need to prove that they live in Canada. Things like rental agreements,
utilities bills, or bank statements can help with that.
Finally, you need to prove you�re actually related to them. You can be related
through blood, marriage, or adoption � but only certain kinds of relatives earn
points. You need to prove that you share the relationship you claimed in your
You need to have a minimum amount of �show money� to immigrate to Canada. This
minimum amount is determined every year by IRCC. Basically, you need to show that
you have sufficient funds to support yourself and all of your dependent family
members whether or not they are coming with you.
Immigration Tip: Minimum funds are calculated based on your family size. When
you�re calculating how much you need to demonstrate, don�t forget to count
You need to have a minimum amount of �show money� to immigrate to Canada. This
minimum amount is determined every year by IRCC. Basically, you need to show that
you have sufficient funds to support yourself and all of your dependent family
members whether or not they are coming with you.
Minimum funds are calculated based on your family size. When you�re calculating how
much you need to demonstrate, don�t forget to count yourself!
You and all of your family members will need police clearance certificates from
every country you or they resided in for six months or more since the age of 18.
Police clearance certificates are only valid for 12 months. So it�s important that
you wait until you receive an ITA before you apply for one, otherwise it could
expire by the time your application is processed.
However, they can also take a long time to receive. Since you only have 90 days
from receiving your ITA to submitting an application, this can be tricky to manage.
If you have applied for police clearance certificates but do not receive them on
time, you have to provide proof that you applied for them in your application. This
will buy you some time for the police clearance certificates to come through.
If you received a provincial nomination through Express Entry, your profile would
have been automatically granted 600 additional CRS points. When you submit your
application, you�ll still need to include a copy of of the certificate of
You do not need a job offer. However, if you claimed a valid job offer from a
Canadian employer in your profile, you�ll need proof that the offer is legitimate.
You need to provide a letter from the employer offering the job that is printed on
company letterhead and includes your name, the company�s contact information, and
the name, title, and signature of the applicant�s immediate supervisor. The letter
must also contain the expected start date, job title, duties and responsibilities,
number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits. Finally, the letter
has to contain a commitment that the applicant will be employed on a continuous,
paid, full-time bases for at least one year after issuance of permanent residence.
If there is a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) associated to the job offer,
provide the LMIA number.
You will need two digital photos of yourself and each of your family members. They
have to meet certain specifications, and must be unaltered.
You�ll be prompted to pay the two processing fees online when you submit your
application. You have to have a credit card or a debit card from a Canadian bank
using INTERAC and registered for online banking to pay.

This post is for new comers or students who are planning to come to Canada or
immigrants in general. No consultant or senior or local would tell you these points
because either they want you to go through those hardships(Khuwari) they faced or
they do not want to aware others without fee. I am telling you these secrets
without any fee based on my 40 years of Canadian Life experience. Copy or take a
screenshot of this post. Share it with others. These points are critical for your
stay in Canada. International students and other immigrants wish that they knew
these before coming here.
1)Tax: Always file tax returns. Keep all receipts with you including tuition fee,
rent, books, bus pass etc. Fill tax returns online on turbotax or studiotax. You
can download this software online. Government will refund you some money back by
sending you a cheque. Start doing it from 1st year.
2)Credit History: 2nd most important thing for you is your credit history after
your life. So build it and protect it. This credit history will help you in case of
emergency or when if you are out of cash. Always stick with one bank and apply for
a credit card. Sooner the better. Do not take more than 2 credit cards. Make all
your purchases using credit card. Pay off before due date to avoid interest
charges. Remember, credit rating change everyday. Apply for an increase every after
6 months. Never ever miss due date. Always have one permanent mailing address even
if you relocate due to school or job. Address could be of your uncle or sibling
etc. Your credit report has two things on it. Address and credit contracts like
(credit card, phone contract, car lease, utility billing etc). Always Put your
money in TFSA(Tax free savings account)
3)Rights: As International student you have all rights like a citizen except these
3 (voting, government job, government loan OSAP) which don't even matter for your
stay in Canada. So never ever get bullied by any local especially girls who get
harassed and don't speak up in fear of deportation. Remember if you are right then
be fearless, government will be with you. Always keep info of your city mayor and
local member of Parliament in your phone. Always involve them and police and
Pakistani embassy, consulate when some local threatens you.
4)G License & car: Get your license and car as soon as possible. Alot of job
opportunities you might not be able to avail due to lack of transportation, and
weather especially in winter. With car you are independent and on your own feet.
5)Volunteer work for PR: Build your PR by volunteering in every field. Remember, PR
doesn't mean how big your friend circle is or people you add on facebook. PR is how
good you are dealing with people of all fields, genders, faiths, ages etc
6)Food Bank: Each school(college, university etc) has a food bank where you can get
100$ worth of food supplies each month for free. Ask them!
Empower yourself Empower others. What goes around, comes around. Today you remove
somebody's hardship, tomorrow someone will do yours.