Вы находитесь на странице: 1из 2

IES Gregorio Peces Barba (Colmenarejo). Geography and History Department. Subject: Geography and History, 1st ESO. General information.

GEOGRAPHY AND HISTORY. 1 st CSE

I. JUSTIFICATION OF THE SUBJECT.

According to LOMCE (art. 25), Real Decreto 1105/2014 (art. 14), and Decreto 48/2015 (art. 7), Geography and History is considered as a core subject (material troncal).

The subject of Geography and History is highly important for the students of 1 st CSE. During this school year, this subject will be presented as a general approach to Social Sciences and will entail a strong pillar for the next courses. Apart from study techniques, students will be familiarized with methods related to Geography and History, especially with the use of maps. Speaking of contents, the History of 1 st of ESO covers from Prehistory (beginning with the first human remains) to the end of Ancient Age (closing with the fall of the Western Roman Empire). Geography, for its part, is focused on Earth’s main features as a planet: movements, measurements, the geographical coordinate system, types of terrain, the birth and evolution of the different kinds of relief, the climate and bioclimatic zones. In other words, students will study the physical part of the Geography.

II. ANNUAL PLANNING OF THE UNITS.

 

1st Term

   

2nd Term

   

3rd Term

 

UNIT 0. Introduction.

UNIT

4.

The

ancient

UNIT 7. Earth’s physical features.

Rome.

UNIT 1. Prehistory.

   
 

Physical Map of Europe.

Physical Map of Oceania.

Physical Map of Africa.

UNIT

5.

The

Iberian

UNIT 8. The climate on Earth.

UNIT 2. Early civilisations

peninsula

during

the

Ancient Age.

   

Physical Map of Asia

 

UNIT

9.

The

Iberian

Physical Map of America.

peninsula. characteristics bioclimatic zones.

Physical

UNIT

3.

The

ancient

and

Greece.

UNIT 6. The Earth and its representation.

Physical Map of Spain.

This annual planning could be modified according to the difficulties, interests and working pace of the students.

III. ASSESSMENT.

1. Assessment instruments.

IES Gregorio Peces Barba (Colmenarejo). Geography and History Department. Subject: Geography and History, 1st ESO. General information.

The following assessment instruments will be kept in mind:

-

Exams or written tests, including maps.

-

Personal notebook: it consists of all the contents, schemes, notes and tasks of each unit. Tasks are valued according to its difficulty level.

-

Self-assessment tests. They refer to the questionnaires which will be available on our Virtual Classroom.

-

Student’s attitude and behaviour.

2.

Assessment criteria.

Assessment criteria will be applied according to the following percentages:

Exams and

Maps

Notebook

Virtual

Attitude and

written tests

exams

Classroom

behaviour

60%

10%

15%

5%

10%

3. Reading project.

During the school year, students will have to complete a reading project consisting of reading a book related to our subject and doing some exercises about it. The reading project entails 1 point (10%) of the final mark of the course.

4. Final mark. Ordinary assessment.

The final mark of each term results from the application of the previous percentages. This application will be only possible when the arithmetic average of the exams is no lower than 3. Students will pass the term when the application of the previous percentages is equal or higher than 5. For those students who have not passed the term, there will be a retaken exam which will take place at the end of the term or the beginning of the next one.

The final mark of the course results from the arithmetic average of the marks obtained in each term. This result, for its part, is supposed to be the 90% of the final mark, whereas the remaining 10% is extracted from the reading project. If a student does not pass the subject at the end of the school year, there will be a retaken global exam that will take place in the end of May.

5. Extraordinary assessment.

For those who have not passed the subject during the ordinary assessment, they will have another chance with the extraordinary assessment that will be dated on June.

IV.

RESOURCES.

Slides and presentations of the units. They will be available on Moodle.

A section belonging to the subject inside a three-ring binder (archivador).

Moodle course related to our subject.

Student book is no need.