Вы находитесь на странице: 1из 10


- is a ceramic or metal container in which metals

or other substances may be melted or subjected
to very high temperatures. While crucibles
historically were usually made from clay,they
can be made from any material that withstands
temperatures high enough to melt or otherwise
alter its contents.

-a re scissor-like tools, but instead of having
two blades, these tools are replaced with two
pincers or pieces of metals that concave
together, which allow the users to grasp a hot
crucible, flasks, evaporating dishes, or even
small beakers. They are made of durable
metals, allowed them to endure a very hot
temperature when touching with the hot
-is an item of laboratory equipment which
comprises a conjoined metal ring and radially-
extending rod. In some cases, the rod
terminates in a screw clamp for attachment to a
retort stand or other support; in others, the rod
may be attached to a stand by means of a
laboratory clamp holder. Iron rings are
commonly used in chemistry laboratories for
supporting apparatus above the work surface,

- sometimes called a clamp stand or a ring

standis a piece of scientific equipment, to
which clamps can be attached to hold other
pieces of equipment. For instance, burettes,
commonly used for titration experiments, test
tubes and flasks. The retort stand a general
piece of lab equipment that can be used to help
with holding other pieces of equipment and
glassware. Furthermore, pieces of metalware
such as ring clamps, versatile clamps, 3-prong
clamps, and burette clamps can be attached to
retort stands to better hold certain types of
glassware. The basic retort stand consists of
two main pieces of metalware: the retort
metallic base and the retort.

- is a piece of laboratory equipment used in the
process of heating subtances by bunsen burner
(e.g. to support a crucible when its being
- an instrument, as pincers or tongs, for seizing and
holding objects, as in surgical operations

- is a sheet of thin metal that has net-like patterns or a
wire mesh. Wire gauze is placed on the support ring
that is attached to the retort stand between the Bunsen
burner and the glassware to support the beakers,
flasks, or other glassware during heating. Wire gauze is
an important piece of supporting equipment in a
laboratory as glassware cannot be heated directly with
the flame of a Bunsen burner, and requires the use of a
wire gauze to diffuse the heat, helping to protect the
glassware. Glassware has to be flat-bottomed to stay
on the wire gauze.
- is a laboratory tool commonly used in
chemistry, biology and medicine to transport a
measured volume of liquid, often as a media

- is a laboratory apparatus resembling a pair of
scissors. The screw in the middle works as the wide
adjustment of 2-prong. It is composed of 3 parts: 2-
prong adjust, metal rod, and clamp down (attach the
clamp to the ring stand for adjust the height). This
apparatus is connected to a ring stand or retort stand.
It is used to hold round laboratory glassware, such as
a beaker, and flasks, etc. This type of clamp is made
from stainless steel.
- is an item of laboratory equipment which
comprises a conjoined metal ring and radially-
extending rod. In some cases, the rod terminates in a
screw clamp for attachment to a retort stand or other
support; in others, the rod may be attached to a
stand by means of a laboratory clamp holder. Iron
rings are commonly used in chemistry laboratories
for supporting apparatus above the work surface,

- is a tube or pipe that is wide at the top and
narrow at the bottom, used for guiding liquid or
powder into a small opening.

- are usually made of stainless steel, aluminium,

glass, or plastic. The material used in its
construction should be sturdy enough to
withstand the weight of the substance being
transferred, and it should not react with the
substance. For this reason, stainless steel or
glass are useful in transferring diesel, while
plastic funnels are useful in the kitchen.
Sometimes disposable paper funnels are used in
cases where it would be difficult to adequately
clean the funnel afterwards (for example, in
adding motor oil to a car). Dropper funnels, also
called dropping funnels or tap funnels, have a
tap to allow the controlled release of a liquid. A
flat funnel, made of polypropylene, utilises living
hinges and flexible walls to fold flat.
- is a scientific equipment which used specifically
to hold and secure a burette on a stand, so that a
burette is fixed and more convenient for the
experiment. Burette clamp can be made by many
materials such as plastic and cast iron.

- is a small bowl with a spout, usually made of
porcelain or borosilicate glass. As its name
suggests, it is commonly used to evaporate
solvents in a sample. The evaporating dishes we
encounter in a chemistry lab usually
accommodate small samples.
- is just a round piece of glass that is slightly
concave/convex (think of a lens). It can hold a small
amount of liquid or solid. They can be used for
evaporation purposes and also can function as a lid
for a beaker.


- are laboratory equipment used to hold upright
multiple test tubes at the same time. They are most
commonly used when various different solutions are
needed to work with simultaneously, for safety
reasons, for safe storage of test tubes, and to ease the
transport of multiple tubes.
- is a brand name of a spatula-like scoop
utenprimarily in chemistry lab settings to
transfer solids: to a weigh paper for weighing, to
a cover slip to measure melting point, or a
graduated cylinder, or to a watch glass from a
flask or beaker through scraping. "Scoopula" is
a registered trademark owned by Thermo
Fisher Scientific. They are very often made of

- is a common piece of laboratory equipment used to
measure the volume of a liquid. It has a narrow
cylindrical shape. Each marked line on the graduated
cylinder represents the amount of liquid that has been

are often used to measure the volume of a liquid.

Graduated cylinders are generally more accurate and
precise than laboratory flasks and beakers, but they
should not be used to perform volumetric analysis;
volumetric glassware, such as a volumetric flask or
volumetric pipette, should be used, as it is even more
accurate and precise. Graduated cylinders are
sometimes used to measure the volume of a solid
indirectly by measuring the displacement of a liquid.
- also known as a culture tube or sample tube, is a common
piece of laboratory glassware consisting of a finger-like
length of glass or clear plastic tubing, open at the top and
closed at the bottom.

Test tubes are usually placed in special-purpose racks.

- are sometimes put to casual uses outside of lab

environments, e.g. as flower vases, glassware for certain
weak shots, or containers for spices. They can also be used
for raising queen ants during their first months of


- is used to hold test tubes. It is used for holding a test tube
in place when the tube is hot or should not be touched. For
example, a test tube holder can be used to hold a test tube
while it is being heated. Moreover, when heating the tube
with liquid or solid contained inside, the tube holder ought to
tightly hold a test tube in order for the tube to be safely held
while heating.

Particularly, for liquid heating, when holding a test tube

holder with a test tube, hold it such that it aligns with the lab
bench and also point the open end of the tube away from
yourself or anyone nearby.

Additionally, while using a test tube holder, the proper

distance between the test tube holder and the top of the test
tube is approximately 3 centimetres.
- is a cylindrical container used to store, mix and
heat liquids in laboratories. Most are made of
glass, but other non-corrosive materials, such as
metal and heat-resistant plastic, are also used.
Beakers usually have a flat bottoms and a lip
around the top. They range in size from one
millimeter to multi-liter. Bunsen burners, heat
plates, stirrers, safety tongs, safety goggles,
gloves and lab coats are tools commonly used
when working with beakers.
Pour liquid into the beaker; pour slowly to avoid
splashing the liquid. Use the measuring lines on
the beaker to approximate the volume of liquid in
the beaker.

lso known as a conical flask or a titration flask, is
a type of laboratory flask which features a flat
bottom, a conical body, and a cylindrical neck. It
is named after the German chemist Emil
Erlenmeyer, who created it in 1860.

Erlenmeyer flasks have wide bases, with sides

that taper upward to a short vertical neck. They
may be graduated, and often spots of ground
glass or enamel are used where they can be
labeled with a pencil. It differs from the beaker in
its tapered body and narrow neck. Depending on
the application, they may be constructed from
glass or plastic, in a wide range of volumes.