Вы находитесь на странице: 1из 4


Date: Events:
February 20, 1986 President Ferdinand Marcos Sr. declared himself
as the winner of the snap elections. On the same
day, his rival Corazon Aquino led a people's
victory rally at Luneta where she called for civil
February 22, 1986 Past midnight, a meeting was in progress in the
home of then Defense Minister Juan Ponce-Enrile.
A speech was being finalized wherein he would
proclaim himself as the head of a ruling junta.
According to the plan, rebel troops would launch
an attack at Malacanang on February 23 at 2 a.m.
Expected to lead the attack was Col. Gregorio
"Gringo" Honasan
February 23, 1986 From Cebu, Cory Aquino called on the Filipino
people to rally behind Enrile and Ramos, and told
“decent elements in the military” to join the
defectors and side with the Filipino people. She
also asked Marcos to step down for the sake of a
peaceful transition in government.
February 24, 1986 On Jaime Cardinal Sin’s call, church bells tolled,
and people flocked to the areas surrounding
Camp Crame when word spread that Marcos's
forces were going to attack the rebels'
February 25, 1986 Past midnight, soldiers fired at barricades of a
group of rebel supporters. Several people were
wounded. President Marcos called his labor
minister, Blas Ople, who was in Washington that
time. Ople said there was an overwhelming
negative attitude there. He suggested that the
Marcos family should just leave the country but
the president refused. Marcos said the first lady
did not want to leave.
Five U.S. helicopters were used to transport the
Marcoses out of the Palace. At 9:05 p.m., the first
helicopter took off, followed almost immediately
by the others.
At 9:52 p.m., DZRH was first to report that the
Marcoses had fled the country. Shortly after, the
US Air Force TV station FEN confirmed the report.

Celebrations erupted on the streets, and

protesters rushed inside the Palace. There were
those who took advantage of the situation and
looted Malacanang, but the authorities
immediately took control and prevented further
damage to the Palace.

January 17, 2001 The impeachment trial is adjourned because of the
prosecutors' resignation. Date of the trial's
resumption is left undecided.
A crowd numbering to 100,000 is already in EDSA.

January 18, 2011 The number of people in EDSA triples. They form a
"Human Chain" from EDSA Shrine in Ortigas Avenue
to Ayala Avenue in Makati City. This is to show
Estrada that hundreds of thousands of people are
already demanding his resignation.
More and more prominent personalities and even
friends and former colleagues in the entertainment
business of the president are already calling for him
to step down from office. Talks about the military's
and police's withdrawal of support to the president

January 19, 2011 News about withdrawals of support to the president

of the military and police is confirmed as high ranking
military and police officials join the crowd protesting
in EDSA. The military's and police's withdrawals of
their support are key factors in making a president
incapable of performing his duties. More than half of
the president's cabinet members and a number of
top government officials withdraw their support too
and join the rally in EDSA.. All of these withdrawals
of support give a big boost to the anti-Estrada crowd
gathered in EDSA.
January 20, 2001 Amidst negotiations for a peaceful transition of
power, the 6:00 AM deadline is not met. About one-
third of the people in EDSA, march to Malacanang
and occupies Mendiola, a street near Malacanang,
where a measly group of an estimated 500 Estrada
supporters were gathered but forced to retreat.
Despite the president's resistance to resign, the
Supreme Court makes a unanimous decision to file a
resolution declaring the position of president vacant
therefore allowing the constitutionally-mandated
successor, the vice-president, Gloria Macapagal-
Arroyo, to take over. At exactly 12:00 noon, Gloria
Macapagal-Arroyo takes her oath of office in the
presence of the countless people in EDSA and
becomes the 14th president of the Republic of the
Philippines. Afterwards, she gives a 14-minute
inauguration speech. The joyfulness of the crowd is

Edsa I marks triumphant days of Filipino takeover over the abusive power of
government. It signified the authority of the people to choose whom they serve a
first attempt to manifest the power of democracy. Though the result of the said
event gave modern Filipinos freedom and a way of social communication and
reformattion. The problem that sparks the mark left unresolved. The
assassination of Ninoy Aquino impacted the dictorship of Ferdinand Marcos as
Filipinos had blamed him for the cause. But still to this day, his death remains
a mystery as the gunman is still not identified. Making the whole event
Edsa Ii
The overthrew of the thirteenth president Joseph Estrada marks the victory of
the 3-day political process. Due to his alleged PHP 130 million in kickbacks
released by then budget secretary Benjamin Diokno for tobacco farmers. Again
repeating the pattern of the First Edsa revolution, with the help of the people, he
was replaced by another female leader, Gloria Macapagal Arroyo. A male in the
seat of presidency replaced by a female. At the aftermath of the said happenings
On September 12, 2007, Estrada was found guilty of plunder beyond reasonable
doubt by the Philippine anti-graft court and sentenced to life imprisonment. He
was pardoned by Macapagal-Arroyo on October 25, 2007.